Thursday, February 12, 2009

My Big Bro

By now everyone who knows me, should know that I'm SL's DJ ReZ's Lil Neko Bro. That is right, my truest and closest and most trusted friend is Rickie Zabaleta. I believe that everything happens for a reason. I was meant to find Rickie in my journey through life. Our roads crossed and we knew we were meant to walk side by side. The road was full of bumps and potholes but we picked each other up each time the other stumbled.

He gave me light when the world seemed so dark. He gave me strength when I couldn't stand. When I felt nothing but cold, he wrapped his arms around me and held me tight. When I needed a shoulder to cry on, he always was there with a warm smile. When he just needed to stay up all night and talk until his alarm clock scared him, I was there to quietly listen.

Over the months our friendship grew stronger and closer. My life is truely blessed because of having met him. The profound connection of friendship spread beyond the pixels of Second Life and into the heart of the person behind the keyboard. I know I am never alone for he is in my heart and soul as he will never be alone because I am in his.

I never tried to get in the way of his happiness in his partnership with Gabriels and Quagmire. A friendship as deep as ours is rare but true. The love between us is different than the love between partners though just as special.

So, with this being said, I now must direct my attention to the news my brother has shared. Sometimes the body is weaker than the soul. He is sick with cancer. I know he does not want pity. I do not give that. I give nothing but my love and support. I will be there at his side until his wings carry him from this plane into another world.

I know I am never losing him. He will be with me always. But I don't want to dwell on that while he is still alive and kicking and rocking second life with his passion for music. He still has life to live!!

Rickie, I'm here. For a Lifetime. *size* I love you always my dearest most true friend.

Love always,
Your Lil Neko Bro
Neko Nevie
(And Bort too)





No comments: