Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Love

Love is any of a number of emotions and experiences related to a sense of strong affection. The word love can refer to a variety of different feelings, states, and attitudes, ranging from generic pleasure ("I loved that meal") to intense interpersonal attraction ("I love my girlfriend"). This diversity of meanings, combined with the complexity of the feelings involved, makes love unusually difficult to consistently define, even compared to other emotional states.

As an abstract concept, love usually refers to a deep, ineffable feeling of tenderly caring for another person. Even this limited conception of love, however, encompasses a wealth of different feelings, from the passionate desire and intimacy of romantic love to the nonsexual emotional closeness of familial and Platonic love to the profound oneness or devotion of religious love. Love in its various forms acts as a major facilitator of interpersonal relationships and, owing to its central psychological importance, is one of the most common themes in the creative arts.

This is to all the people that I love. Friendship and family being the strongest love that I have.
My brothers: Rickie, Danny, Damien, Hap, Galen, Franzi, Justyn, Spanki, Jeremie, Stu.
My Sisters: Tori, Daywalker, Felicity
My best mates: Stewart, Jamie, Chopper, Puerilis, Tonyboy, Buger, Octavia, Mike (MTD), Rainee, Rod, Benji, Mike, Amarii, Dada, Crim, Emil, Gareth, Mr. D.
Someone Special: Ianto

"Many people will walk in and out of your life,
But only true friends will leave footprints in your heart."
-Eleanor Roosevelt-
What a grand thing, to be loved!
What a grander thing still, to love!
- Victor Hugo -
A friend is someone who reaches out for your hand...
and touches your heart.
- Author Unknown -

Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet
when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
- Author Unknown -

A friend is someone who walks in
when the whole world has walked out.
- Author Unknown -
Parents start you off on life
but friends get you through it.
- Dee Chou -

Side by side or miles apart,
good friends are always
close to the heart.
- Author Unknown -

Some people come into our lives and quickly go.
Some people move our souls to dance. They awaken us to
new understanding with the passing whisper of their wisdom.
Some people make the sky more beautiful to gaze upon.
They stay in our lives for awhile, leave footprints
on our hearts, and we are never ever the same.
- Flavia Weedn -

To the world you may be one person,
but to one person you may be the world.
- Bill Wilson -

A bell is not a bell
until someone rings it,
a song is not a song
until someone sings it.
Love wasn't put
in the heart to stay,
for love isn't love'
til you give it away.
- Chanh Kha -
“Dance as if no one were watching,
Sing as if no one were listening,
And live every day as if it were your last”
-Unknown-

1 comment:

Spanki Moulliez said...

Here is two quotes I like about love..

'I will love you forever, whatever happens. Till I die and after I die, and when I find my way out of the land of the dead, I’ll drift about forever, all my atoms, till I find you again.
I’ll be looking for you every moment, every single moment. And when we do find each other again, we’ll cling together so tight that no one’ll ever tear us apart. Every atom of me and every atom of you.. we’ll live in birds and flowers and dragonflies and pine trees and clouds and in those little specks of light you see floating in sunbeams. And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me, we’ll be joined so tight.'

~ Philip Pullman, 'The Amber Spyglass'

'Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won’t either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. It is the reason you are here on earth. You are here to risk your heart. You are here to be swallowed up. And when it happens that you are broken, or betrayed, or left, or hurt, or death brushes near, let yourself sit by an apple tree and listen to the apples falling all around you in heaps, wasting their sweetness. Tell yourself that you tasted as many as you could.'

~ Louise Erdrich, 'The Painted Drum'

I like the first cuz its about true love, and I like the second becuz I think its saying you have to take risk to really live, and love, and that will hurt but dont regret stuff, just write it off to experience becuz its better to have tried than not at all. Or somethin like that anyway.

I liked your entry. Thanks for the mention *smiles*
/me licks his neko brother x